Table of Contents
What are the characteristics of New York?
- New York has one of the world’s largest natural harbors.
- Manhattan is surrounded by the Hudson River to the west and the East River.
- The land is very flat.
- Four of the five burroughs are on islands. Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island. Manhattan and Staten Island are the other two.
How would you describe your city in French?
Common Location Descriptions
- Ma ville est grande. Il y a 500,000 d’habitants. (My town is big. There are 500,000 inhabitants.)
- C’est un petit village. Il y a 2,000 d’habitants. (It’s a small village. There are 2,000 inhabitants.)
How do you describe a place in French?
Terms in this set (43)
- beau* beautiful m.
- belle* beautiful f.
- grand* big m.
- grande* big f.
- ennuyeux. boring m.
- calm. tranquille m/f.
- ennuyeuse. boring f.
- propre. clean m/f.
How would you describe your house in French?
- la maison > house.
- chez moi > at my house, my home, at home.
- rénover, remettre à neuf > renovate, refurbish.
- construire, btir une maison > build a house.
- un architecte > architect.
- un agent immobilier > a real estate agent, house agent.
- acheter une maison > to buy a house.
Which places do you like to visit answer?
Q. What place do you most like to visit? [Why?] Answer: I like to visit any naturally beautiful place which is not overcrowded. Last month, I had been to a hilly area which had sparkling emerald lakes, spectacular mountain ranges, beautiful waterfalls and the experience was excellent.
Why do you like to visit tourist spot?
Another reason why people love to travel: it helps open your mind. You realize that there’s no one way to live life. Meeting people from other places will show you that your world view isn’t the same as everyone else’s. By being exposed to new places, people and cultures, you’ll develop a wider world view.
Do you like visiting historical buildings?
Yes, I love to visit ancient buildings. Old buildings have their own identity. Historical Building is very important and we learn about art and painting. Historical Building helps us to understand history.
Why do we need to know about historical landmarks buildings or sites?
With respect to culture, old buildings help us to understand the history that occurred before we were born and promotes the respect for those who lived in prior times and different traditions. Historical buildings bring character and charm to the neighborhood that people live in.
Why are historic buildings and monuments important to a city?
Not only it represents ones culture and art but also sets a good tourist business. Millions of money are being added to countries economy for those historical monuments. So destroying them is a way of big economic loss. Finally, a historical building is a great object for architectural historian.
How do people in your country feel about protecting historic buildings?
How do people in your country feel about protecting historic buildings? A. Most of the people in my country would advocate protecting any significant historic building. The historic buildings in my country are the icons of our heritage and we feel very proud to have them.
Why we should protect old buildings?
Historic preservation helps keep communities beautiful, vibrant, and livable, and gives people a stake in their surroundings. It connects people with their past, and with one another. Historic buildings provide a sense of stability and provide a tangible link with the past that all can experience.
How important is it to maintain old buildings should history stand in the way of progress?
To conclude, I believe that it is very important to protect and preserve old buildings as we can learn about our history as can others from other countries. Such knowledge can also help us to understand how to modernize our countries in the best way.
How can we take care of historical buildings?
How to preserve monuments:
- Awareness campaign to educate community.
- Adopt monuments.
- Strict Government action & plan to save monuments, setting up of Archaeological departments.
- Collecting, generation of funds & donation for their renovation.
- Chemical treatments of monuments & restoration.