Table of Contents
What are the biggest industries in Houston?
From energy and life sciences to manufacturing and aerospace, the Houston region offers a dynamic infrastructure to support these thriving, core industries.
- Aerospace & Aviation. Houston is home to 20 Forbes Global 2000 headquarters.
- Energy. 44 out of 113.
- Life Sciences & Biotechnology.
- Digital Technology.
What major companies are in Houston?
1,000 to 4,999 employees Accenture AIG Amegy Bank American National Insurance Co Anadarko Petroleum Corp. NRG Energy Occidental Petroleum Phillips 66 PwC Quanta Services Inc. Randalls Food Markets, Inc. Rice University Sam’s Club Southwest Airlines Sysco Corp.
What is Houston most known for?
Houston is known as the world capital of space exploration, the world capital of air conditioning, the world capital of the international energy industry, the world capital of petroleum exploration and the world capital of capital punishment.
What is the largest employer in Houston Texas?
State Profile: Largest Employers
|1||University of Texas At Austin||Austin|
|2||MD Anderson Cancer Ctr||Houston|
|4||UNIVERSITY-TX MD ANDERSON CNCR||Houston|
What are the best companies to work for in Texas?
100 Best Companies To Work For In Texas
- Exxon Mobil. Zippia Score 4.9. Company Highlights:
- Norton Rose Fulbright. Zippia Score 4.9.
- ConocoPhillips. Zippia Score 4.9.
- RadioShack. Zippia Score 4.9.
- Comerica. Zippia Score 4.9.
- Occidental Petroleum. Zippia Score 4.9.
- LyondellBasell. Zippia Score 4.9.
- Stewart Title Co. Zippia Score 4.9.
What are the top 5 college majors for high paying jobs?
Accredited Online College Programs
- Petroleum Engineering. Average Salary: $102,300 to $176,300.
- Actuarial Mathematics. Average Salary: $60,800 to $119,600.
- Nuclear Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Computer Science Engineer.
- Aerospace Engineer.
- Electrical Engineer.