Table of Contents
What are the basic elements of musical play?
- ELEMENT. Basic Related Terms.
- Rhythm: (beat, meter, tempo, syncopation)
- Dynamics: (forte, piano, [etc.],
- Melody: (pitch, theme, conjunct, disjunct)
- Harmony: (chord, progression, consonance, dissonance,
- Tone color: (register, range, instrumentation)
- Texture: (monophonic, homophonic, polyphonic,
What are the different types of musical Theatre?
Every type of musical in the West End
- Book musical. A book musical is a common type of West End show, with an originally written script, music and lyrics.
- Jukebox musical.
- Concept musical.
- Film musical.
- Golden Age musical.
- Rock musical.
What type of musical is Mamma Mia?
What was the first musical?
The first theater piece that conforms to the modern conception of a musical is generally considered to be The Black Crook, which premiered in New York on September 12, 1866. The production was a staggering five-and-a-half hours long, but despite its length, it ran for a record-breaking 474 performances.
What’s the best musical of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever Made
- Hamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release.
- The Producers.
- The Phantom of the Opera.
- The Book of Mormon.
- Les Miserables.
- West Side Story.
- Kinky Boots.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961)
What is the most famous Broadway show?
The Phantom of the Opera
What is the number 1 Broadway show?
The Lion King
What is the most successful Broadway show of all time?
What Broadway show ran the longest?
Is cats still on Broadway 2020?
Learn about schedule changes for the CATS tour. BroadwayWorld has learned that the CATS National Tour has officially closed. The production was set to continue playing dates through June 2020 before the virus outbreak. Donna Vivino (Grizabella) shared the news in a Facebook post.