Table of Contents
How can a sorority benefit from me?
If you are considering joining a fraternity or sorority, here are some benefits you might gain as a result:
- Make Connections.
- Build Your Resume.
- Learn New Skills.
- Volunteer in the Community.
- Balance Academic and Social Activities.
- Create Lifelong Friendships.
How do you answer what are you looking for in a sorority?
You want a similar experience. Your answer would be, My mom was in a sorority, and she is still friends with some of her pledge class. I am looking for a strong sisterhood. I see the way this sorority interacts with one another, and I know I can find a strong sisterhood here.
How do you get noticed by a sorority?
Sorority Rush Tips: 13 Ways to Get the Bid You Want
- 1) Be yourself.
- 2) Do your research.
- 3) Do not rely on reputations.
- 4) Explore the different kinds of Greek life opportunities on campus.
- 5) Learn how to best market yourself.
- 6) Be outgoing.
- 7) Dress the part.
- 8) Be honest with yourself.
How do you tell a sorority you’re interested?
Discreetly ask the women you know (family, church members, teachers, coaches, etc.) if they are sorority alumnae, and if they are, tell them that you are interested in going through recruitment at your school and ask for any help or advice they can provide.
Do sororities care about looks?
Rank among the Greek life is based on appearance, both physically and within the Greek world. A lot of sororities have rules about dress, hair, and makeup, but many sororities will also take in women who simply fit the mould they’ve set out.
How do you impress a sorority?
8 Insider Tips for Sorority Rush
- DON’T talk about how blacked out you got during Welcome Week.
- DO say something unique or memorable about yourself.
- DON’T mention the guy you went home with last night.
- DO look presentable.
- DON’T gossip or talk smack about others.
- DO act like you want to be there.
- DON’T say something negative about another house.
What questions do sororities ask you?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer?
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet?
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
Does everyone get into a sorority?
Each sorority submits to Panhellenic, their bid list. The sorority system at that school doesn’t guarantee a bid to everyone. If you really want to be a member of a sorority then your chances are better at a school with guaranteed bids. Some girls get released from every house before the recruitment is over.
What are sororities looking for?
Strong Values And Passion About Something. Last, but certainly not least, sororities are looking for women who have strong values and women who are passionate about something. More than anything, this means that sororities are looking for people who have a personality.
What questions do sororities ask during recruitment?
- 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) How did you choose your major? 3) What are your hobbies?
- 1) Tell me about your new member program. 2) What is a Big Sister/Little Sister?
- 1) Do you know so-and-so in your sorority? Duh! 2) If you plan to name drop, stick to women you know in that sorority.
What are sorority values?
A sorority operates on the foundation of its values, which determine all actions the organization makes. The values are a road map for how members of the sorority can pursue success. Some of the values these groups uphold are intellectual development, leadership, friendship, citizenship and cooperation.
Why am I interested in joining a sorority?
Joining a sorority is like joining a big family. You’ll gain hundreds of sister within your campus’ chapter, other schools’ chapters, and alumni around the world. This makes it easy to make friends and have support, even as a new kid on campus. Most friendships you make in Greek life will last a lifetime.
Should I join a sorority if I’m shy?
Just because you are shy doesn’t mean you have to be shy by yourself! Let’s put it this way: You shouldn’t prevent yourself from joining a sorority because you’re shy. Being in a sorority may be a good fit for you and it may help you find a community at your new school, or it may not.
Why should I not join a sorority?
1. Only So Much Time in the Day. If you join a sorority say goodbye to a social life, or at least any social life outside of the sorority. With all the volunteer work, meetings, parties and other shenanigans sororities are involved with, there really isn’t any time to expose yourself to things outside of Greek life.
What should I wear to a sorority interview?
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, decorative pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels/wedges/booties during this round, but you totally can if you really want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
Do sororities look at your Instagram?
Sororities DO look at your social media accounts prior to recruitment to gain a little more insight into your personality and to make sure that what you are posting aligns with their values. However, it’s NOT about how many followers you have or your popularity online.
What should you not wear during rush?
Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What happens during a sorority rush?
Rush usually consists of a few rounds. During these rounds, sisters meet potential new members. The women talk, perform skits, sing songs and share personal stories about what the sisterhood means to them. As rush progresses, potential new members and sororities list their choices in order of preference.
Do sororities look good on resumes?
Students often want to know if they should add Greek life to their resumes, and if so, how they can highlight such experiences in professional and relevant ways. It is recommended that you always include sorority or fraternity information on your resume, as many components of your membership are selling points.
Why are sororities so secretive?
My opinion: Fraternities and Sororities are secretive because they were initially established as societies for free-thinkers. Back in those days, there were a lot more rules and regulations about the ideas that students could discuss and pursue.
What sororities should I ask on Philanthropy Day?
The questions the sorority girls will ask are:
- What were you involved in during high school?
- If you are a college sophomore or junior — What were you involved in last year/currently?
- What type of activities do you plan on getting involved in during college?
- What are some of your passions?
What do sororities look for in PNMS?
During sorority recruitment, the sorority members are looking to see how devoted are you. They want to see that you want to be there. They want to know you are excited and engaged.
What should I ask on pref day?
Here are some examples of questions you might ask the sorority members for Pref:
- Why did you choose to join your sorority?
- Are there any leadership positions for new members?
- Are there sisterhood events?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How has being in a sorority changed your college experience?
What should I ask a PNM?
Important Questions to Ask PNMs
- What did you do in high school?
- Have you done any philanthropic work?
- How do you like [the name of your school] so far?
- Why did you decide to come out for recruitment?
- What did you do this summer?
- Are you looking into any other clubs or other extra-curricular organizations?
What should I wear to Pref night?
Wear a sundress, church dress, or maxi dress, sandals/wedges/ heels and jewelry that goes with your dress. Preference round is a ceremony. It is much more formal than the other rounds. These dresses are NOT appropriate.
How many bids do sororities give out?
What is the hardest sorority to get into?
Why do sororities drop you?
To be short and sweet, it means you are dropped from attending all events at that particular sorority during sorority recruitment. After every round of sorority recruitment, you vote on which sororities you want to be invited back to for the next round. The sororities vote on the girls they want to see come back.
How do sororities decide who gets a bid?
It depends on the school. Some Panhellenic rules say that if a PNM/potential new member attends every party to which she has an invitation, then she will get a bid. It may not be her first or second choice, but at that school she will get a bid to pledge a sorority.