Can you finish an essay with a quote?
To close the discussion without closing it off, you might do one or more of the following: Conclude with a quotation from or reference to a primary or secondary source, one that amplifies your main point or puts it in a different perspective.
How do you end a paragraph with a quote?
When the quote ends, use a comma inside the quotation marks, and then continue the sentence outside. If the quote ends with a question mark or an exclamation point, use it inside the quotation marks, and then continue the sentence outside the quotation marks like: “Where are you going?” she asked.
How do you conclude a quote?
Strategies for an effective conclusion
- Play the “So What” Game.
- Return to the theme or themes in the introduction.
- Pull it all together.
- Include a provocative insight or quotation from the research or reading you did for the paper.
- Propose a course of action, a solution to an issue, or questions for further study.
What are the parts of a conclusion?
The conclusion of an essay has three major parts:
- Answer: the thesis statement, revisited.
- Summary: main points and highlights from the body paragraphs.
- Significance: the relevance and implications of the essay’s findings.
What 3 things does a conclusion need?
- Topic sentence. Fresh rephrasing of thesis statement.
- Supporting sentences. Summarize or wrap up the main points in the body of the essay. Explain how ideas fit together.
- Closing sentence. Final words. Connects back to the introduction. Provides a sense of closure.
What should a conclusion of an essay include?
A conclusion is the final idea left with the reader at the end of an essay. A conclusion should link back to the essay question and briefly restate your main points. It could also include a final thought or reflection to highlight the significance of the topic.
How do you write an introduction and conclusion?
Introductions & Conclusions
- Attract the Reader’s Attention. Begin your introduction with a “hook” that grabs your reader’s attention and introduces the general topic.
- State Your Focused Topic. After your hook, write a sentence or two about the specific focus of your paper.
- State your Thesis. Finally, include your thesis statement.
What is an introduction and conclusion?
The introduction leads your reader into the main text, while the conclusion leaves your reader with a final impression.
How do you right an essay fast?
How to Write High-Quality Papers and Essays More Quickly
- Understand the Assignment.
- Research with Ruthless Efficiency.
- Create a Flat Outline.
- Create the Perfect Writing Environment.
- Follow a Standard Structure.
- Focus On Quality Over Quantity.
- Draft and Edit Separately.
- Write the Conclusion and Introduction Last.